30.7.12

Mataya's Birth Story.

Mataya
Born June 12, 2012 
at 5:30 in the morning 

What a beautiful and unique experience to be a part of. Birth is just one of those few wonders in this world and let me just say that Becky is one powerfully strong woman! She was inspiring to watch as she transitioned through the stages of birth and brought this sweet little girl into the world so calmly and sweetly. No doubt it was a lot of hard work, but only the best things in life are.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photographing a birth was a whole new experience for me. It was a huge challenge that brought me out of my comfort zone as a photographer, and I loved every second of it. I was challenged technically by low lighting, I had to use a film stock I am not use to, and as you can tell focusing in minimal light, with a camera that happened to be slightly malfunctioning is not my strong suit. But I love the grain, I love the blur, I love some of the technical imperfections that seem to make this a perfect moment. So, I hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

.Ang. said...

You did such a beautiful job! I also love the grain and the blur.

These are great!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! those pics of him brand new are so perfect. Yay I loved the whole thing.